Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's List (the Romantic Side)

So, in case you hadn't noticed Hearts and Hooves Day...er...*start over*...

So, in case you hadn't noticed Valentine's Day is in two days. Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Right? No, not right? Well, don't worry, stay tuned for the anti Valentine's list coming tomorrow. Promise.
In the meantime, for those of you that maybe need a little inspiration (or are just figuring out what to watch right now), here is a list of my favorite romantic movies of all time:

1. Across the Universe (2007)

So, just an fyi, I love the Beatles. Like obsessively love them. This movie is nothing short of the most amazing piece of cinematic art in musical form to ever be made. Plus, it has Bono as Ken Kesey and Eddie Izzard as Timothy Leary. You really can't go wrong even if it's only ten minutes of the movie.







2. Natural Born Killers (1994)

How much I identify with this movie might scare people so I'm just going to say that it may or may not be true that my husband and I have Mickey and Mallory's ying-yangs tattooed on our arms. And we may or may not be looking for a Mickey and Mallory cake topper for when we renew our vows and do the big ceremony/reception wedding.





3. Return of the Living Dead III (1993)

This is more a nostalgia thing, but I am not even kidding when I say that through my teenage years I thought this was the most romantic movie of all time. *Spoiler if it matters* Boy loves girl so much he turns her into a flesh eating zombie and then they both die a blaze of fire at the end. What is a greater sign of love than that? Seriously? Come to think of it, I still think it's pretty damn romantic.





4. Sabrina (1954)

I am an Audrey girl from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. I love everything about her. I am also a Humphrey Bogart girl. (Come to think of it, this might be where my love gruff men lacking tact might have come from.) So, this movie is perfect. It's a realistic fairy tale of the highest degree.



5. Lady and the Tramp (1955)

This is one of those movies that if it doesn't touch your heart at least a little bit, you might not have one. It's West Side Story with dogs and less singing and dancing. Not to say that there aren't some of the best songs in a Disney movie ever in here.






That's just the top five. Believe it or not, I'm a huge romantic even if I don't go in for the modern "rom-com" set up very often. At least, I'm not going to put on the internet that I do.

Oh, and here's a song for that whole Pony thing if you got excited by that:

No comments:

Post a Comment